AirAsia Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak with Cooked Lizard

AirAsia passenger consumes ‘nasi lemak cicak’, mulls legal action

Waseem Abbas will never again savour nasi lemak in the same ‘oh-so-yummy’ manner like he used to in the past.

The 27-year-old Pakistani’s gastronomic preferences were drastically altered when he discovered a cooked lizard in a nasi lemak meal served on board an AirAsia flight on March 27.

Fazeerul Mohd Isa: now every cicak can fly?

AirAsia: Hi Fazeerul Mohd Isa, we are aware of the reports on the alleged foreign object found in our inflight meal. The matter is under investigation. Thank you.

AirAsia Pak Nasser’s Nasi Lemak

One of the perks of being a Malaysian besides the diverse culture is of course, the FOOD! Nothing beats the feeling of having a hot Malaysian meal to fill up your growling tummy when you’re at 30,000 feet! So let us introduce you to one of our popular inflight Halal meals known to satiate everyone’s taste buds anytime, anywhere!

By Shafiqah Shafie

Pre-book this tasty meal today! Go to Manage My Booking

Pak Nasser’s Nasi Lemak

Price: RM12 (Pre-book) and RM15 (onboard)
Availability: Available on all AK, QZ, FD & D7 flights (Pre-book and available onboard)
Per serving: 567 kcal, 25.8g protein, 72.0g carbs, 19.5g fat 

Be it at the office, in the classroom or during the middle of the night, the Nasi Lemak is always the perfect Malaysian meal. For those who have yet to taste (or even hear about) the ‘oomph’ of this lip-smacking dish, Pak Nasser’s Nasi Lemak will definitely give you the answer to what makes this traditional dish truly unique!

As soon as I received the sealed hot meal, the smell of the onion sambal (chilli-based sauce) and the rich coconut rice simply screamed “EAT ME!”. At first, I thought it was a tad too petite for a big eater like me but as soon as I opened the lid, ‘BAM!’. The coconut milk rice, sambal, boiled egg and the chicken rendang (slow cooked coconut based dry stew) are all immensely portioned to satisfy my big appetite.

The strong aroma of the pandan leaf in the coconut milk rice really got my dining mood going. I took generous scoops after scoops of each condiment and complemented it with some anchovies and peanuts and it was like a wonderful fireworks show in my mouth!

Everything blended perfectly as I savoured each bite. After the meal, I knew that I was going to order 2 meals of Pak Nasser’s Nasi Lemak the next time I’m flying.

So, if you’re about to catch any AirAsia (AK, QZ, FD & D7) flights anytime soon, be sure to pre-book this yummy dish for yourself and your flying partner as this dish perfectly represents what Malaysia is all about–a colourful mix of spice, rice and everything nice!

All food prepared for AirAsia Berhad are certified Halal by Jakim.