Driver complaint: Grabcar does not track toll automatically compared to Uber

Driver Complaint: Toll Refund : Grabcar vs Uber

Many drivers find Uber to be a more user friendly platform to driver and have better support for driver.

Regarding toll:
TOLL charges are charged to customer.

For Uber, toll will be automatically track by system and gps based in real-time when we drive.

If driver traced back to touchngo transaction from touchngo portal and found out a toll charges not processed in a trip, driver can claim back from the apps itself and it will be refunded within an hour (Based on my experience with unprocessed toll charges)

However, Grabcar do not to track toll automatically. Grabcar Driver has to remember how much is the toll amount and enter the toll amount into payment screen at the end of the trip in payment screen, and the field to enter is grey colour (is like grab do not want driver to notice), many driver might have this experience forgot to enter the amount.

Once forgot to enter and pressed submit, it is almost unrefundable, I have this experience before, on a trip to KLIA, customer is very rushy although I drive at 140-160km/h, upon arrived at Airport there is a queue at departure lane, customer decided to drop off halfway of the queue before I arrived at drop off area. Hence, I pressed payment and submit fast enough without enter the toll amount.

Upon call to grabcar support number, it is 15 minutes waiting, after request the staff said toll charges has been adjusted. But when I double checked the transaction history, nothing has been adjusted. I called again, this round the staff said it is unrefundable.

This is the treatment to driver provided by grabcar support team.

It clearly makes the different.

1 Like

It’s good that you raised this issue here. Somebody has to speak about this to get the deserved attention on issue like this that affects the bottom line of drivers’ earnings.