Funny Complaint to AirAsia No Frills Business Model

This is a very creative and amazingly hilarious complaint on AirAsia business model.

Malaysian Indians Must Unite:

Tony Fernandes and his beer

Arriving in a hotel in KL Sentral he went to the bar and asked for a pint of draught Guinness.

The barman nodded and said, “That will be one Ringgit please, Uncle Tony.”

Somewhat taken aback, Uncle Tony replied, “That’s very cheap,” and handed over his money.

“Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition”, said the barman.
"And we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8.

We have the cheapest draught in Asia"

“That is remarkable value” Uncle Tony comments

"I see you don’t seem to have a glass, so you’ll probably need one of ours.

That will be 3 Ringgit please."

Uncle Tony scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat.

“Ah, you want to sit down?” said the barman. "That’ll be an extra 2 Ringgit.

You could have pre-book the seat, and it would have only cost you a Ringgit"

“I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please”

Uncle Tony attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can’t squeeze in he complains “Nobody would fit in that little frame”.

“I’m afraid if you can’t fit in the frame you’ll have to pay an extra surcharge of RM 4 for your seat sir”

Tony swore to himself, but paid up. “I see that you have brought your laptop with you” added the barman.

“And since that wasn’t pre-booked either, that will be another 3 Ringgit”

Uncle Tony was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled,

“This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager”.

“Ah, I see you want to use the counter,” says the barman, “that will be 2 Ringgit please.”

Uncle’s face was red with rage.

“Do you know who I am?”

“Of course I do Mr Fernandes”

"I’ve had enough, What sort of Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this.

I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his Email address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number.

Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 sen per second provided you use Tune Talk
using other mobile carriers would incur our normal charges of 30 Sen per second."

“I will never use this bar again”

"OK Uncle , but remember, we are the only bar in Asia selling pints for one Ringgit… so that “Now everyone can drink”

This is how AirAsia officially explains its business model:

How LCCs Offer Such Low Fares

No Frills
The underlying business for a LCC is to get a person from point A to point B. Everything else is considered to be luxury items or “frills”, of which can be acquired for a small fee. Among the many frills that AirAsia has excluded include;

• **No free food & beverages.** Some of our passengers may prefer not to consume food & beverages when onboard. There are those who prefer to rest throughout a flight or those who prefer having their meals before flying off. Hence we do not force our guests to purchase something they do not want or need. Guests are most welcome to purchase food & drinks at an affordable price from our website before the flight, of from the cabin crew during the flight. 

• **Assigned seating.** Guests receive boarding passes with pre-assigned seats and are not allowed to request for a seat change unnecessarily. If the guests have preferences on where or with whom they would like to seat on the aircraft, they are able to do so by paying a small sum when checking-in online. This feature is called “Pick-a-Seat”.

• **Ticketless airline.** Less hassle for the customer, as guests need not worry about collecting tickets before travelling. This also allows AirAsia to keep our costs down (less paper, lower printing and distribution costs) and continue to offer low fares to our guests.

• **Online check-in.** Guests are highly encouraged to check-in online so they do not have to waste time lining up at the check-in counters at the airport. This helps us to improve efficiency and reduce congestion in the airport.

• **No refund.** Airlines waste a lot of money, time and resources due to refunds and rescheduling when guests do not show up for a flight. Whether or not a guest shows up, the cost of flight to the airline is the same. LCCs are strict when it comes to no show guests and do not offer refunds for missed flights.