Honda Malaysia's Authorised Service Centre Conned Customers by Charging Without Providing Service

Zaphron Lee‎:

Dear Honda Malaysia,

We see this as a very serious issue and Honda Malaysia need to read this; We want feedback from Honda Malaysia ASAP!

Incident occurs 16 June 2016 on 12pm at Autoworld Asia Sdn Bhd located at Sg Buloh. My parents own an Honda City and they brought it to service at the above mentioned AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE. After being informed that the “SERVICE” for the car is done, my parents went for car collection. We are CHARGED RM600 for the service that should HAVE INCLUDED the following:

1. Changing lubricant & Oil Filter
  2. Cleaning the injector
  3. Car washing & Vacuum
  4. Other maintenance (which didnt state clearly)

My dad happened to put marking on the OLD oil filter and realised that the OIL FILTER is NOT CHANGED !!! AND YET WE PAID FOR IT. After thorough checking on the other items above, the lubricants are not changed as well as it is dirty and in dark color. The injector are not cleaned as dirt stains are still found. The only thing that it has been done is the car washing & vacuum !!!

After a round of arguments with the personnel at work, they have agreed performing all the above work again. And then my parents left the place with unsatisfactory experience.

WE need Honda Malaysia to know and aware of:

1. The employee (do not want to disclose the name), informed that the service manager is outstation and unable to attend to my parents when they are complaining on the issues above; and she claimed that we will be settling this with the service manager on a later date. We do not know whether it is an excuse to stay away from the responsibilities.

2. The receipt, written and signed commenting that “oil filter not changed” is being unfair to us. In fact, the Authorised Service Centres do not perform all the above service. The statement is now VAGUE because of my parents are not well verse in ENGLISH and they do not know what can they do when they faced this.We think that the particular authorised service centre employee are trying to drag this issue to the future and let this issue fade like nobody cares. Yet make use of the weak points of my parents on the weak english and stating ONLY the oil filter not changed.

3. We are not sure how many cars have under-went “SERVICE” like this and this is a very serious safety issues! Yet we have visited the branch quite a number of times and we doubt they really do the service.

4. We entrusted Honda Malaysia and their respective Authorised Dealers/Service Centres to provide quality service and we are really disappointed with this issues. This will affect the good names of Honda Malaysia.

We need Honda Malaysia to :

1. attend to us on this matter
  2. give us a proper explanation on this
  3. provide a proper ways i.e email for complain purpose (web survey form & call line are useless)
  4. perform an investigation on this matter (using the premise cctv as evidence if possible)
  5. making sure this will not happen to the other car owners
  6. making sure this will not happen in other AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTREs

I, representing my parents, can be reached by cheeyung91@gmail.com and +60182859518 should Honda Malaysia needs additional INFO.

Thank you very much,

p/s putting on some photos for references.

Zaphron Lee‎:

Dear All Friends that Noticed This,

Updates from both the Authorised Service Centres and Honda Malaysia yesterday 20/6/2016 (forgive me for being late updating this post).

One of the Honda Malaysia employee who is handling my case called me up and we had a roughly 30mins talk on the phone.

We have common understandings on incidents occured to my dad and I have re-emphasized to him to bring up this issue to management level, so that some corrective and preventive measurement could be implemented to all the Honda Authorised Service Centre and to be strightly reinforced. As spoken on the phone, Honda Malaysia also agreed today (21/6/2016) to send an letter, with stated all the details of the incidents occured and details of the discussion between me and my case handling agent.

On the other hand, the branch Managing Director sent me an apologize letter both softcopy (via email) and also hardcopy to my dad (by pos). Content will be summarise as follows:

1. sincere apologies
  2. offer full refund on that particular service
  3. employee suspended for investigation
  4. action to be taken depending on the investigation results
  5. new foremen will be hired to ensure quality service again

After all these replies/ response from both parties; I representing my parents have the following comments:

1. we are at least satisfied that the service center takes this issue seriously
  2. we are also satisfied that Honda Malaysia are aware of all these problems and did not try to hide away from responsibilities
  3. we hope that within short period of time, Honda could put up an system / protocol to control over the authorised service centre and then the authorised service centre to control over their employees. This is to regain back consumer’s trust and satisfaction level.
  4. we sincerely hope that this will not be happening to other car owners and car owners will not have to check the Honda SC works. Afterall, it is not the consumers’ responsibility to check that.
  5. we are waiting to see improvement from Honda Malaysia
  6. please have a look on the problems stated on the comments by all our kind FB users as well

For all the other friends and readers of this post:

1. Thanks for giving suggestions, sharing of your past stories
  2. Thanks for sharing this out so that it create awareness of all the consumers

Regards,

Zaphron Lee