Never Buy Peugeot 308 Worst Car in Malaysia

Edros Zubir:

Dear Peugeot & PEUGEOT MALAYSIA ,

I am writing you this to tell how disappointed I am with your car.

I bought a lovely 1.6L Peugeot 308 in 2010 for my mom. It was a very nice and sleek car to drive.

Until the ‘depollution system faulty’ signal appeared for the first time after 6 months of usage. Every time I sent the car for inspection or for servicing, I kept being told that it is normal and not to worry. When I mentioned to the mechanic that the driver was my mother, I was surprised to hear from them “ohh no wonder, this is a turbo car, you can’t drive slow. You have to drive fast so that the carbon didn’t accumulate”. I didn’t buy a car that is intended for the F1 circuit and for daily use with traffics everywhere, how “fast” is possible anyway? Can you please explain or clarify that statement by your mechanic at your authorized Peugeot service centre? Are they trying to tell me that the Peugeot 308 is not suitable to be driven at NORMAL speed?

In 2014, I took it for servicing and repair at the Peugeot centre in Jelutong, Penang as my car was underpowered, I suspected something to do with the engine. When the car was under warranty the service centre keep telling me that everything was fine and there were no faults found with the car or the engine. But right after the warranty expired, they then told me that the turbo valves need to be replaced and it was just going to cost me just over RM2,000. After agreeing to that, there was a whole lot more that the service centre told me to replaced; the pump and then this one leaking, and then that one leaking. After about a week at the service I was told that the TURBO SYSTEM had to be replaced and the total bill was RM12,069!!

To add insult to the injury we were given a discount of RM5.11 as Hari Raya promotion. That is less than 1% discount. I don’t even know such amount for discount existed. And Hari Raya promotion some more? Really that cheapskate?

On top of that disgrace of a “discount”, after servicing my car for 2 weeks, I have to wait for nearly 2 hours before they can release my car, that is after they called to tell me that the car was ready.

Last month, the car suddenly broke down in the middle of the PLUS highway. My mom said she can’t start the engine. We initially thought that it was the battery issue. She called the PLUS helpline and they said it’s nothing to do with the battery. So we towed the car back to Penang, send it to the nearest workshop to check how far it’s true. And they also said the same. Not the battery. So I had it sent to Peugeot Service Centre to check.

Do you know what the first thing they said is? “Yes, its the battery”. I confronted them that it’s not the battery, but they insisted it is and I have to pay RM600 for that. As expected, they called after replacing the battery, telling me that there’s a sound and engine couldn’t start.

Then start again all the game, this one out, that one out, in the end I have to do a MAJOR OVERHAUL again!! My car is just 5 years old. That’s how fragile and terrible your car is. And I had to pay another staggering RM 12,498.87 for this second overhaul.

Last week, as I called the service centre to check on my car, they said the AC is malfunctioning, and I had to replace full set of the cooling coil, and I have to add another RM 4,000. 5 year old car, driven by an aunty to commute to work daily and the furthest it had been is Kuala Lumpur which is very occasional, and HAD NEVER BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT. This is your Peugoet 308. I have a 15 year old Perodua Kelisa bought at much less than half of your Peugoet 308, and it worked wonderfully for the same driver and same style of driving for nearly 15 years!

I have reported about the car long before I face the second overhaul. But nothing was ever done. I reported to the HQ and I get the usual “We will look into it”. I guess you literally only “look” into it, nothing is ever done.

It is a shame that your car does not live up to its name or reputation. I will never buy a Peugeot again and I will definitely share my story to others who have the intention of purchasing any car from Peugeot. I will do that not as a payback; I will do that because every consumer has the right to know all information to make the right choice. I don’t want others to go through the same thing that I had gone through. Buying your car is definitely the worst choice I had made and I will never repeat that again. I still have that receipt from Peugeot service centre of my first overhaul with the RM 12, 069 total and RM 5 written on it as “Hari Raya Promo”. That would be a good humour to spread around.

I’m writing this to make sure Peugeot is aware of what is happening on the ground. As any consumer rights to know all information to make a wise choice, the manufacturer too should know how your products are really like, and how terrible your service is.

Thank you.

Dhiya Izyan: Omg, same thing happened to me. Same dialogue "Tak boleh at normal speed, cuz you need to activate the “turbo” You expect me to go maximum speed on brutal traffic ah? Tsk. And the effin annoying “depollution system faulty”. Asked them to fix the problem and it took them 1 month to get it done. The amount was RM9875.20. I reported to the issue to Nasim Bangsar and I didn’t have to pay a single cent. Then gearbox pula after 2 months. So I sent my car to Peugeot PJ instead of Glenmarie. One of the staff was kind enough to help (because every week my face je dekat sana) and told me I should just send the car to any normal workshop instead of Peugeot. And so I did, so so much better without the turbo.

Edros Zubir: Yeah i heard the same thing from all peugeot owners, the freaking depollution system faulty. Wehhhh i want my money back

Dhiya Izyan: Thank God I didn’t have to pay a single a cent. Because I rarely use that car, how come out of sudden gearbox problem la depollutiom system la yadayada.

Edros Zubir: Tu laaa thats not fair! Nk kena tag did kot

Dhiya Izyan: My friend experienced same case as you, but the amount was RM4k+. He reported the case to Persatuan Pengguna, settled within 3 weeks.

Edros Zubir: Yup i also think hv to complaint at kpdnkk. What do u mean by settle?

Dhiya Izyan: 50% refund from Peugeot. Better than nothing

Bro, End up what happen to your car now… cos now my car also facing same problem which is pop up the engine fault - repair needed… after diagnosis result out from service center said maybe is misfiring no. 2 but can not confirm… just now driving back to pengerang when almost reach my staff quarter… the engine power suddenly drop… do you guy d acing the same problem?

@Sam_Tai was it resolved for free/warranty? Or did you change to a new car?

I must say Peugeot has just proved to most purchasers just how incompetent they are. The car is good, just that the fellow who are supposed to be well versed in diagnosing problems of the car are half past six, plus, the customer care is just another bunch of morons. I had problem with my car Air cond April 2016, when the air vent started releasing hot air with hissing sound everytime I switched on the air cond. I brought it to Glenmarie and it was a confident diagnosis made “Compressor Faulty” and it cost me a bomb to change the compressor of car that is not even 4 years after purchase. But what to do, I changed it. The compressor is still under warranty and January 2017, same shit happens again. I lost hope in going to Peugeot service center for diagnosis and I brought it to an air cond shop outside just to find out what could be the problem. I was told it had nothing to do with my compressor and I was also told that Peugeot is good in giving wrong diagnosis just to sweep a big sum from it’s unsuspecting customers. I called and blasted the customer service this morning. I am thinking of approaching the consumer rights and of course, I am going to get the compressor changed since it is still within warranty. After this, no more servicing with them, and no more purchasing a Peugeot. Who wants to join me in lodging a group complaint to the Consumer Right coz I think writing in a complaint to them, all our complaints are just swept under the carpet, and the NAZA fellows just continues making their big sum from such incompetent management. I drive a 308VTi by the way.

Thanks guys for sharing, almost got myself into trouble.

Same here, don’t know what to write or say anymore, really feed up, frustrated & now my pegout 308 give me nightmare, what next, what kind of breakdown will happen, age not yet reach 5 year have to change 3 times compressor aircon, breakdown caused not drive too fast, not speeding, engine faulty need overhaul and have order part from over sea & other breakdown mostly major,

wow…after reading you all owners comments, i feel a chill down my spine…

was thinking of getting a used 308 (either Turbo or VTI) since most of the used car sites are selling it cheap. For 2011 or 2012 car, only little bit over RM20K. Thought it might be a good bargain. No wonder its cheap, coz it can be a nightmare for the owners.

never drives a PEU before, drove Proton, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Mazda before. Am surprise to hear these electronic problems.

My question is if one were to choose a PEU 308 (VTI or Turbo) at the used car shop, how to check these faults by just starting the car and sit inside it? Even if I take it out for a drive, what to check?

For Peugeot car owner, please be careful about the cheating of Peugeot melaka service center.
I believe you are aware of the recall parts items that Peugeot has offered to recall of replacement timing chain , solenoid (related to engine and auto transmission, water pump and cooling coil)

As these are recall items, or Nasim Peugeot car owner are entitled to replace the recall parts and you don’t have to oblige to service interval at the authorised service center Even your car is out of warranty or not to proceed with extended 2 years warranty. The recall items remained for lifetime until you had replace them and it is all free .

However the Peugeot Melaka service center has insisted customer to pay service interval charges in order to have all the recall part items replaced.

If you have not send your car to service at the service center. They will demand you to take on backdated service items and will charge you nearly RM3K.

Do not be fooled by them, as they must replace for you with only some Coolen fluid you need to pay for only RM125 for refill. Everything else has to be free.

NOTE: RECALL ITEMS ARE RECALL FOR FREE.
WARRANTY OR EXTENDED WARRANTY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT ITENARY

I bought my peugeot 308 from Melaka branch and I was told to pay for backdated service charges. Please do know your customer rights for the recall items and fight for it. They are to serve us but not to con us.

I will certainly make my complaint and escalate this incident to Peugeot Head quarter for my customer rights.

Peugeot 308-(2010)

Same as F happen to me, I bought the second hand car Peugeot 308 and I loan 30k, after I used 8 month my first problem is gearbox faulty, I sent to peugeot service center and cost me rm800.

After used about 1 weeks from workshop the car cannot start engine and that is the second problem, and cost me rm1400 they said coil and pipe cause of the problem and need to change.

Actually my car was admitted in workshop 1 month due to waiting my salary from 1st july until 25th july which the day my salary pay I immediately pay by online to peugeot center account, I call them to tell that I already pay for repair, and they said we proceed.

After a week I try to call service center “hello kereta sudah siap? And then they said today is the final run test, next day can pick up, I go to service center as a promise, the foreman no 1 said lets start yr car, after I start the engine, I hear something weird sound from the engine, he call foreman no 2 to explain to me and foreman no 1 went to office, the foreman no 2 said u car already 2 days not start…bro…hahh!!! I call yesterday he said final run test why u tell me its already 2 days not start…??? We just silence without any argue I bring the car go home. (Lil bit lega)

The day after tomorrow morning which I want to go to work the car cannot start again which only 1 day the age of the car from workshop and also appear depullation system from meter display.

I call again peugeot center and they said towing u car to our workshop the foreman no 1 Said to me, and again I towing my car to the workshop, 3 days without any update from them which I need update for what happen to my car, im not waiting call from them, im just call them directly about several time but no answer, I decide to call HQ peugeot to report and and unfortunately they said “we will look into it”, Im waiting for the report from HQ but nothing happen, I call them again at day 4 until day 5 thanks god they pick up and answer, I said how is my car?..they said your fuel pump problem and cost about Rm1600.

I shock and depressed the result, Ill go to the workshop see my self, foreman no 1 start in front of me then the car was start, I said how can be? U need to knock use plastic hammer direct over the pump cover not so hard…only that way ur car will start, I decided to bring the car at home since thats is the only car I have to used even need to knock the fuel pump, also I dont have money to repair.

Today 23th august the car cant start at home I use motorcycle to go work​:sob::sob::sob::sob:. I dont know what to do with the car.

Your sincerely
Peugeot 308 user.

Kepada sesiapa shj yang tidak mahir bab engine tetapi memiliki kereta Peugeot , sebelum anda hantar kereta ke NAZIM Peugeot service centre, baca dahulu pengalaman saya. Kereta peugeot ni digunakn di seluruh dunia… okay aje, maintenance sama shj spt kereta lain, atau authorised SC di malaysia ni yg bermasaalah. Sebab dah byk kali kita dgr kes yg slps hntr ke sc ni, byk pulak masalah lain yg timbul sampai berkali kali keluar masuk sc. Harga yg dikenakan pun bukan nyer murah.

Saya baru beli Peugeot 308 terpakai 6 kelajuan keluaran 2011.
Selepas suami buat semakan ‘recall’ melalui telefon dgn nazim service centre, kereta saya layak buat recall utk evaporator cooling coil (aircond system). Dapat set appointment 6/3/2019 10.30pagi.
Pada 6/3/2019 @ 10.30 pagi, kami ke nazim peugeot service centre glenmarie, parking limited. duty guard minta parking di ‘diagnostic bay’ parking. Kami masuk centre utk register. 11.30am, staff nama Mr Yxxen menghampiri kami dgn membawa borang ‘Repair Order’. So kami beritau nk buat recall evaporator cooling coil shj dan minta tolong adjust wiper nozzle. Di borang dia tulis 1.Recall: HNK 2.To change transmission oil 3.To check wiper nozzle faulty. Saya beritau wiper nozzle saya still in good condition, cancel perkataan faulty dan tulis adjust shj. You tulis faulty nanti I kena bayar, my wiper dan nozzle tak rosak. Transmission oil I tak nak buat, coz I baru je buat last week dekat other workshop (kereta pun dah lama tamat warranty) So please cancel no 2 also. Then Mr Yuxxn cancel no.2 dan strike ‘faulty’.
Kemudian kami menuju ke kereta utk standard ‘visual checks’. Seorg technician minta Mr Yuxxn pindahkan kereta from diagnostic bay. Mr Yuxxn drive my car, make 1 round then parking depan main entrance service centre. Kami sambung visual check. Item item lain dia tick ‘G’ (good) except condition of body and paintwork dia tick ‘F’ . So masa visual checks memang lansung tiada masalah engine.
Saya ckp: so kereta I bole siap sabtu ni kan? Mr Yuxxn : sabtu x boleh siap, at least 5-7 hari baru siap sebab kita kena hantar luar utk buat aircond. Suami : masa I set appt centre beritahu my car bole siap jumaat, tapi jumaat I kerja, so I cadang nak amik sabtu la. Kalau you need 5-7 days, better I cancel today’s appointment sebab isteri sy perlu hantar anak ke sekolah Isnin. Mr Yuxxn : sekejap ye let me check again. So si Mr Y ni pun pergi la kat counter, tanya staff mr B. Mr B kata : ok bang, jumaat kereta bole siap, kita buat kat centre ni aje. Ni no tel saya, apa2 abang call no ni hari jumaat tanya status…So kami pun puas hati, saya pun sign borang ‘repair order’ , serah kunci to Mr Y dan balik.
Jumaat 8/3/2019 tengahari, suami tel Mr B tanya status.
B: today saya off bang, abang bole call service centre. Tapi semalam(khamis) saya nmpk kereta abang aircond dah siap. So suami pun suruh I call centre sebab dia nk solat jumaat. 2.30pm sy tel centre. Mr Y jawab. Saya: kereta sy dah siap? i nak datang amik today, you tutup pukul 5 kan? Y: ya kereta dah siap tapi akak kena tunggu saya call dulu baru bole datang.
3.00pm saya pun gerak from office to glenmarie, suami tak ikut. Sampai sana 3.25pm. jumpa Mr Y.
Saya: I dtg nak collect kereta. Y: kan saya ckp tunggu saya cal dulu, kenapa dtg? Saya: kereta saya dah siap, so sy dtg la. Tomorrow(sabtu) sy tak free, so sy dtg today. Y: akak tunggu kejap ya.
Saya pun tunggu la mcm dungu from 3.30 – 5.30. 5.30 Y datang dgn documents.
Y: aircond dah siap, tapi after QC kereta ada fault code. Engine light ‘on’. Error code PO343-inlet cylinder release sensor fault, sprocket, WT faulty. so kereta tak bole keluar today.
Saya: saya hantar kereta in good condition, no check engine light and no fault. kenapa selepas buat aircond engine rosak pulak? Tak ada kena mengena.
Y: memang la, sebelum kita buat aircond, kita ada buat QC, kereta mmg ok, selepas buat aircond kita buat QC sekali lagi, error code keluar. Nak buat macam mana.
Saya: aircond dengan engine totally unrelated!!. Buat aircond tak bole effect engine. Selepas buat aircond my sensor rosak, so your mechanic lah yang rosakkan.
So I tak puas hati, I masuk bilik jumpa staff (En Naxxi).
So si N ni pun minta cerita from Y, then dtg semula kpd saya dan cuba bagi penerangan.
N: mmg la Puan, aircond xde kena mengena dgn engine sensor. Tapi selepas buat aircond, item electronic pulak rosak nk buat macam mana.
Saya: masa saya hantar kereta, kereta saya in good condition, tak sakit apa pun. Kenapa selepas buat aircond ‘dan dan’ rosak engine pulak.
N: dah nak rosak. Kami pun tak bole nak predict benda ni nak rosak masa ni.
Saya: saya nk bawa kereta balik juga, minta tolong reset check engine light.
N: ok saya minta mechanic reset.
Saya pun tunggu lah berjam jam mcm dungu lagi sekali. Tgk mechanic drive my car keluar masuk ke repair bay. Beberapa minit kemudian, kereta keluar dan parking di tmpt yg sama.
N: engine light still on lah puan.
Saya: saya nk bawa balik juga, kalau saya drive with engine light on, akan stranded tak? Coz saya perempuan, hari hujan dan hari nak malam, my phone battery pun dah habis. Engine light on shj atau ada blinking? Kalau not blinking, saya nak bawa balik juga. Minta mechanic check sekali lagi dan reset engine light sekali lagi. Dan saya nk tengok check engine light tu sendiri.
N: baik la puan.
So sy nmpk seorang mechanic drive kereta saya masuk semula ke repair bay. Beberapa minit kemudian kereta keluar repair bay dan parking di tempat yg sama.
N: tak bole reset puan. Saya tak recommend puan bawa balik, sure akan stranded.

Saya: sy nk tgk check engine light tu.
Saya pun amik kunci from N, cuba start engine, engine cranking, tapi tak boleh start!! Sy cuba 3-4 kali, still engine tak boleh start walaupun bateri kuat.
(before dtg service centre, kami baca dulu reviews about Nazim glenmarie nie. Terlalu byk bad reviews.) so bila ‘dan dan’ engine tak bole start sedangkan dah 2 kali mechanic keluar masuk repair bay, bila sy nk test, langsung x bole start. Mmg pelik!! Saya tau , since 3.30 they try to delay everything sampailah dorang dpt buat saya balik tanpa kereta lebih kurang pkul 6.45pm. saya tau mechanic buat something to my engine supaya tak bole start dan kereta tak bole keluar masa tu. Oh kau nak buat duit dari aku ye…tak apa, tunggu esok aku dtg dgn laki aku… mechanic jugak…kalau esok pagi laki aku tau apa yg kau buat sampai tak boleh start, siap kau org semua!! Sekarang SC pun dah tutup, dah tentu kereta pun tak bole keluar tanpa dokumen sebab staff lain semua dah balik. So aku tak nak tunjuk pandai dan marah2 takut malam kang jugak korang kerjakan engine aku. Mungkin kau org keluarkan ecu pulak kot. Nak duit kan?
Saya: okay lah N, saya balik la, kereta pun tak bole start. Nanti kasi quotation ya.
N: okay puan.
Aku pun keluar lah dari pusat penyembelihan tu.
p/s: mungkin aku betul dorang cabut something kat engine, mungkin juga dorang betul ‘dah sensor tiba2 nak rosak, nak buat mcm mana. Tapi dah berbulan aku guna kereta tu mana pernah ada masalah…
So balik discuss la dgn suami apa plan utk esok. Saya bagitau suami: I nak kita spai SC pukul 8.30 tepat sebelum diorang sempat ‘usik’ kereta saya. So suami suh packing brg seperti spare fuse, torch light, spare key. Nk cuba start kan engine esok, insyaAllah Allah sentiasa membantu org yg teraniaya…yakinlah…semoga esok bole start, insyaAllah… So pikir positif, tak nak tuduh menuduh…
8/3/2019 Sabtu tepat 8.30am, kami pun sampai dan TERUS pergi ke kereta kami guna spare key. Mr Y ada diluar tgh attend customer lain, dia nmpk kami. Suami terus buka kereta, start engine (coz nak tau parah mana). Engine cranking tapi tak bole start juga. Off engine, buka bonnet, guna torchlight cari apa2 yang pelik…less then 2 minutes, ahh… dah JUMPA!!! CRANKSHAFT SENSOR Connecter dah dicabutkan rupanya… Nmpk mcm connectted, elok je duk rapat2, tapi MEMANG TAK masuk habis!! Lepas Suami connectkan, engine terus aje start…alhamdulillah…
So kami masuk centre, suruh suami duduk di kerusi yang bole nmpk kereta. Tak nak mechanic usik kereta tu lagi. Sy pun pi counter, ada si N kat situ. Sy tengah tahan marah tahap gunung berapi ni, control marah, cakap yang patut sahaja. Nada marah automatik tuned.
Saya: kereta saya dah bole start
… Saya nk bawa kereta keluar sekarang! Tolong siapkan documents.
N: ok puan, jap sy check.
Saya pun join suami duduk. Tiba2 suami nmpak kereta gerak nk keluar parking, kami meluru keluar, stopped the car…
Hubby: awak nak buat apa lagi dgn kereta ni?
Mechanic: saya nk buat QC sebelum release kereta.
Hubby: tak perlu QC QC lagi! kereta dah bole start, saya nk bawa keluar skrg. Dah cukup awak semua menyusahkan isteri sy smlm!! OK bang…dan suami terus bawa kereta keluar. Suami suruh saya amik document dan tunggu di gate utk saya bawa release letter.
Saya: document saya dah siap ke?
N: kami kena buat QC dulu puan.
Saya: tak payah QC QC! smlm selepas buat QC kereta sy tak bole start. Sekarang kereta dah bole start, kalau awak buat QC sure tak bole start balik. Siapkan dokumen, saya nk bawa kereta keluar sekarang! Saya nk minta second opinion from mechanic luar.
N: ok puan.
Saya pun duduk tunggu dokumen, kepala panas ni nak meletup…sabar2…15minit tunggu, nothing happen, lama sgt ke nak siapkan document? Hai mcm tak nak bagi release saje sebab tak dapat nk charge kami apa2 bayaran. (Dah tentu kalau kau charge aku pun, haram apa parts pun korang tak replace, charge atas angin aje tak buat apa2.) Saya pi counter lg.
Saya: dik lama lagi ke dokumen nak siap?
Staff: jap ye saya check.
Saya berdiri dan tunggu kat kaunter, nak pastikan no more delay. Tak spai 3 minit pun, dokumen siap, pastu dokumen tu serah kat Y utk buat closing. Saya berdiri depan Y pulak, nk pastikan takde delay delay…kepala nk meletup ni, dah setengah jam muka ketat seketat ketatnye…tahan marah. Lebih kurang pkul 9, dokumen pun siap.
Y: ni saya bacakan apa yang dah dibuat…evaporator…
Saya: tak payah baca, saya bole baca sendiri, apa nak sign?
Saya pun start la sign release letter. Release letter di tangan.
Berjalan keluar, the moment I stepped out from that glass door…FUH LEGA…akhirnya Berjaya juga keluar dari pusat ‘PUSAT PENYEMBELIHAN’ ni.

Kami terus menuju ke sunway jumpa mechanic JUJUR. Minta buat computer diagnostic check kereta sihat or sakit dan minta erase check engine light. Si JUJUR ni pun start kerja, tak sampai 10 minit dah siap.
JUJUR: your car nothing wrong, no error code. Everything ok.
So kami pun bayar la si JUJUR ni Cuma RM20.00 je.
Moral of the story - kalau kereta anda memang sihat sebelum masuk SC, cuma nak buat service biasa2 aje mcm nak repair cigarette light socket ke, atau nak tukar minyak hitam ke, atau tukar carpet kaki ke, yang takde kena mengena langsung dgn engine, dan masa nak amik kereta, ‘dan dan’ aje kereta tu tak leh start la, engine light on la, error code itu la ini la,…buatla apa2 yang patut.

Tau tak kenapa diorang suka sangat kata kereta tak bole start atau crank sensor rosak? Sebab kalau Tuan tuan dan puan puan setuju buat ‘repair’, sudah tentu bukan sensor tu aje yg diorang kata ‘rosak’ , tetapi timing chain la, timing chain tensioner la, sprocket la dan bermacam macam lagi item yg tempatnya sekitar crank sensor tersebut yg harganya sekitar ribuan ringgit…so BERWASPADALAH…

Skrg sy start terfikir, kalau jumlah kereta peugeot yg diluar sana yg tak sebanyak mana, tetapi di service centre ini penuh sampai xde parking…betul ke semua peugeot ni benar benar rosak?

One more case I just encountered at Peugeot Service Centre Melaka! I was contacted for recall to have free parts change for my 2010 308 car. I’ve done a cooling coil change and “an engine software upgrades” since it’s just the only free without additional charges. After a week, I went to get my car and the car’s engine failed at the traffic light! However, it can be restarted when I tried a second time. Since it was at the corner of CNY, I just hoped to get back to the centre later on and already informed Peugeot. After a few days, the light of ABS/EPS also came out! As the car was still can work, I waited for a month before finding a time to send over. Unfortunately, the car was broken down finally on the road whithout able to start anymore last 2 weeks!

My car was towed to the Peugeot Service Centre for checking and the result was my engine ECU “was suspected” the main course of failure. I asked the Service Officer En F before my car was brought over for change, there was no problems at all! I argued that why only suspected and not confirmed and En F said it was because they don’t keep such expensive stocks so we as customers have to just pay if agree to change. I told him to change back the engine software to default since I suspect this could be the root cause. En F raised his voice by stating this is an OLD car and don’t know when there is any problems poped up! I said do you mean that it’s because I’m so bad luck now? He still insisted there is no connection of change in cooling coil and that software upgrades with ECU failure, but promised to check into it and let me know.

Later on En F replied me with the same answer and I felt so frustrated and decided to tow back to other mechanic to find another ECU for replacement (Peugeot charged RM5K!) When I spoke to the Peugeot Mechanic En Z, who diagnosed my car, he did mentioned the software upgrades could be the cause since many sensors are very sensitive. The upgrade is a MUST requested by Peugeot Company and they have to follow the instruction, so can’t change it back to default. WTF! That’s mean they can, but not willing to! I think of pulling off their roof but my wife advised me to let it go.

I strongly advise those who are having old Peugeot cars not to go for recall! If you are still hoping to change some free parts, remember to tell Peugeot not to do such software upgrades or prepare to face all the failures coming on! It could be the gimmick for them to earn money from maintenance since their cars are so difficult to sell in Malaysia! The Peugeot Service Centre is just similar to a branded private hospital who gives false diagnosis in order to slaughter you like a cow!!!

boleh share workshop kt sunway?

Harap PEugeot PSA maklum mengenai kerenah yang berlaku di Malaysia ini. Saya memang cadang nak beli semula PEU tapi rasanya banyak masalah…

So if car have any issue where do i need to send in melaka?

Hi,

My family owned peugeot 408. We live in Melaka. We used it since 2018 i think. The car was good, no issue for the first few years.

I sent my car for service one day and it was okay. Thr day after, as my dad was driving, suddenly the car stopped and smoked. We already service the car the day before so it was pretty suspicious. We called the man who handled the services with my dad, Mr Am**. He sent a technician and it was because there are not water in the car like wtf dude didnt u check yesterday??

Fast forward to 2020, Mr Am** told my dad that the engine need to be changed. He said it was free so yeah my dad agreed to but the catch is we need to put the car in the workshop for 6 months at least. He said we will be given a compensation car to work with. My dad sent our car but we did not receive any spare car to use. We were “uncar” for about 10 months and then they told us that they have a spare car for us to use. We used the car for only 1 month as the car need to be repaired and whateva idk. We were carless for 1 year and then he told me that the engine has arrived but we need to pay rm5k++ for the assembly parts. Can u even imagine waiting for 1 year for a new engine for free, then suddenly being told to pay rm5k for the assembly parts???!! Since i had the money, i just pay it and hoping there wont be any problems in the near future (bad luck).

When we got the car back, it was okay. After 1 month and a half of using, suddenly the engine light come out while my dad was driving it. So i thought maybe it was just a sensor or the engine oil or something. My dad take the car to the service centre and they told my dad that the turbo has broke down. I have never used any button on the gear to use any turbo or cruise control then why suddenly broke down? They told us to oay for about rm10k to replace with a new one.

I am so tired with peugeot. Dont know where to complaint. The car was only 5 years old. Can i sue them?