WHY SHOULD YOU QUIT SMOKING?
After many years of exposure to nicotine, tar and other chemicals your body has changed from what it originally was. Through stopping smoking, you will find yourself to be a slightly different and better person health wise.
Cigarettes are an expensive habit and the cost is increasing every year. Have you considered how much money you could save by quitting smoking? See how much money you are spending on smoking, and how much you could save.
HOW TO QUIT SMOKING
Start this quit journey with us and we’ll lead you down the easier path with these tips to break that cigarette and be the true hero that you are.
- HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
- QUIT SMOKING AIDS
- STANDALONE WILLPOWER
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU QUIT
Here are some withdrawal symptoms you may experience and what you can do:
- Intense craving to smoke
- Distract yourself by chewing on a cinnamon stick or doing a crossword
- Coughing and dry throat
- Try drinking water
- Trouble Sleeping
- Cut back on caffeine and try exercising during the day
- Anxiety, tension or restlessness
- Try deep breathing exercises
- Increased appetite
- Choose healthy food or drink herbal tea or chew a piece of sugar-free gum
TIPS TO BEAT CRAVINGS
- Choose a “Supporter” someone who will be there to encourage and support you.
- Exercise will help you relax! Even a quick walk will help.
- Remove everything to do with smoking from the house.
- Use the money you save on cigarettes to buy yourself a treat.
- At moments of high stress, remember that everyday you go without a cigarette your body gets healthier.
- Tell everyone you’re quitting and get their encouragement.
- If you’re using Nicotine Replacement Therapy products make sure you always have them around.
- After meals immediately volunteer to do the washing up!
- Brush your teeth as soon as you get out of bed and finish a meal.
- Change your routine when you get up in the morning.
- Only go to coffee shops and other public places that have smoke-free policies
- Chew on sugar-free gum or munch fresh veggies