Uber & Starbucks Frappuccino Promotion Caused Consumer Backlash: "Publicity Stunt" & "Stupid Promo"

Uber & Starbucks are bringing you a sweet treat to end your week!

This Friday, 21 October 2016, Uber and Starbucks are partnering to bring you Frappuccinos On-Demand in all 6 cities in Malaysia!

Simply open up your Uber app, between 11am – 4pm, to request a set of 2 tall Frappuccinos for RM10 only! You will receive a Coffee Frappuccino and a Caramel Frappuccino.

How to request:

1. Open up your Uber app
  2. Slide right to “Starbucks”
  3. Request your Frappuccino* set
  4. If there is availability, your Frappuccinos On-Demand will be delivered to you!

#PROTip: Demand will be high, so if you are unable to request at first – try again!

*Please note that your Frappuccinos will be delivered without whipped cream.

Share your Frappuccino set with a friend! Use the hashtag #UberStarbucks to show us how you enjoyed your Frappuccinos.

The best pictures of the day stand to win RM200 in Uber credit, so get snapping now. Remember to tag @uber_my on Instagram and keep your posts public.

Sony Liew: Another publicity stunt by uber, making people look at the Uber apps but NO CAR AVAILABLE.

As a partner, whenever there’s no car available nearby, the “nearest available car” will get the request regardless of distance, eg: getting pinged from klang while stationed in KLIA.

Where “there’s no car available” means there is really no cars available. Starbucks is only for a select few?

Fake offer all the way.

Chee-how Yap: Been requesting for more than 30 times but still couldn’t get a driver to deliver the Starbucks… #uberstarbucks should you get more driver for this?

Waikuan Yap: No car available
If you are not ready for it PLS DO NOT OFFER THIS PROMO!!!

George Goh: stupid promo. Only one Starbucks car is doing the delivery. F*** the marketing team what a disgrace. It’s a bait for you to have their app installed. Guys please Uninstall the app.

Jayye Lee: 11.15am start Request till 3pm , every time get the answer is "don’t be depresso, try again "! … And I already search 4 area is same answer.
CAN’T CONTROL YOUR UBER, PLEASE DON’T DO THIS EVENTS.

Hui Jun Hoe: Been trying for hours and still show the notice frap is in the blender, please try again. In fact, not even a single car appear on the map. Disappointed!

Ralph Ho: 3hrs=93pics/customer
1hr=31pictures/customer
31pics/6cities=5.17pics/customer
1city=1hr=5.17pictures/customer

Let it assume they only sponsor 5 drivers in a city, each driver takes 1hr to serve 1customer.
:joy::joy:

Bryan Tee: I was so excited to announce to my colleagues last night and today I am turning a big joke… been log in since 11 and no car available when switching to Starbuck… However, when I have switch back to Uber X… quite a lot of driver nearby.

Boon Yie Tat: “Please try again at 3.59pm, and we thank you for your interest.” - Starbucks Malaysia and Uber start laughing…

Meeshani Vs: it showed 3 cars near my area when i opened the app…when i slide to Starbucks…suddenly no cars available??? now cant order…

Germaine Liew: Marketing gimmick or taking advantage of people. Since in my area, on the normal days, the Uber X aren’t much. About 2 or 3. And Uber XL is non existent. But today however, I’ve seen alot of Uber X driving around and a few XL as well(I never seen the XL in my area before since I first used the app a few months back). But no Starbucks.

鲁尼桑: From 11 order Starbucks until now 12pm (1hours keep re-order)uber keep ans no car available all car are busy… But if I choose normal car then my area are alot car avalaible n will arrived in 5minute . FAKE PROMO… WTF :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Sarawak FC Board: Cheh cheater!!! ONLY allocate few drivers to send the drink… not all Uber driver. Bs…

Joni Jonitha: I tried but u keep saying no cars available
U mean uber is doing so good until no driver can send Starbuck to us.
U all tipu us ah
Waist our time​:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
If can’t provide such service don’t post like this.
Faham tak.:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Azwan Yusoff: No cars available… Marketing gimmick to get people install the uber app

Wong Then Yue: Uber, is it worthy to have this campaign that made more ppl disappointed than happy ppl that managed to purchase the coffee? I can see uber cars available in the map near to the star bucks around my house but NO CARS AVAILABLE FOR THIS STARBUCKS STUN. TRIED FOR HOURS, FORGET THE COFFEE AND FORGET UBER.

Alex Hor: No car available
If you are not ready for it PLS DO NOT OFFER THIS PROMO!!!