Samsung Malaysia's Official Announcement on Galaxy Note 7 Replacement / Recall (Update: Full Refund)

[SAMSUNG MALAYSIA] GALAXY NOTE 7 REPLACEMENT OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

6 September 2016 - As the customers’ safety is our absolute priority, the replacement initiatives for Samsung Galaxy Note7 in Malaysia will take place from 29th September 2016 onwards. Further details are as follows: -

Replacement date: From 29th September 2016 onwards
Replacement Location: Customers may return their existing Galaxy Note7 and collect their new Galaxy Note7 at the place of purchase (original place of collection)
Replacement Time: 10.00 am till 10.00pm
Replacement Conditions: Customers are required to bring the full box set including a charger and cable; headset and USB Connector

For more enquiries, please call Samsung Malaysia Careline at 1800-88-7799.

Richman Lamb: Hi, I would like to ask.

1st Shall I surrender now? or I shall surrender on 29th?

2nd If I bought from Courts MY, shall I surrender to Courts or Samsung? Anyway, Courts MY told me to surrender to Samsung.

3rd, I saw that those customer with tempered glass will be given free tempered class and 1 year premium glass crack protection as compensation, I wonder what about those customers that doesn’t have tempered glass?

Appreciate U could clear my doubts.

Samsung Mobile Malaysia: Hi Richman Lamb,

1st : Replacement date: From 29th September 2016 onwards

2nd : Replacement Location: Customers may return their existing Galaxy Note7 and collect their new Galaxy Note7 at the place of purchase (original place of collection)

3rd : We will be offering free 1-year Screen Crack Protection and a free tempered glass protector as compensation for your replacement unit.

Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program

11 September 2016 - Just over a week ago, Samsung Electronics announced a global replacement program for the Galaxy Note7 as a precautionary measure due to a battery cell issue. Since then, we have been working hard to expedite product shipments in order to fulfill that exchange program and reduce any inconvenience for our customers. During the past week, we understand that there are concerns from our customers and we wish to emphasize the importance of exchanging the product.

“Our number one priority is the safety of our customers. We are asking users to power down their Galaxy Note7s and exchange them as soon as possible,” says DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “We are expediting replacement devices so that they can be provided through the exchange program as conveniently as possible and in compliance with related regulations. We sincerely thank our customers for their understanding and patience.”

Although there have been only a small number of reported incidents, Samsung is taking great care to provide customers with necessary support. Samsung has identified the affected inventory and stopped sales and shipments of those devices. We are also collaborating with national regulatory bodies.

In Malaysia, customers who have Galaxy Note7 devices can replace their current device with a new device beginning 29th September 2016 onwards. Customers are encouraged to contact the Samsung Malaysia Careline at 1800-88-7799 for further assistance.

Jeffrey Wong: If this is the case, it will be good if there is a replacement phone to be exchange immediately rather than wait until 29th September 2016. How is the compensation during this ‘No smartphone’ period? Your R&D department really caused a big inconvenient to the public users.

Mamoru Chan: ask us to switch off the phone to save your xxx & let yr customers phoneless for more than 18 days ? why dont u shut down your office now and only open on 29th sept ? you are just making us more mad ! forget about the late replacement, we want FULL REFUND !

Keong Ryan: As a user of NOTE 7, i only can say samsung mobile singapore ask their customers to switch off their phone now and will get new device replacement on 16 sept, i still can accept. But for malaysia, u ask ur customers to switch off their phone and need to wait until 29 sept to make device replacement, i can’t accept anymore !!!
No extra phone use, and i need to work by my device !!!
Why samsung malaysia customer service always worst !!! I love my Note 7 but i dont love samsung customer service here !!!

Samsung Mobile Malaysia: Hi Keong Ryan, we will arrange a loan unit. Please call 1800-88-7799 for assistance

Samsung Malaysia Offers Full Refund For Galaxy Note 7

Samsung Malaysia will be offering a full refund on the discontinued Galaxy Note 7. Alternatively, the customer can also swap the device for a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge in the event that they would rather have a replacement device.

The return and replacement programme is set to begin tomorrow, with Samsung Customer Service, telcos, and retail partners directly contacting customers to provide details on how to go about with the exchange programme.

Samsung Malaysia has also advised Galaxy Note 7 owners to power down their devices immediately. Which is the same advice provided by the company global HQ when it announced the discontinuing of the Galaxy Note 7 line.

We’ve included the entire statement from Samsung Malaysia below.

“SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE7 PRE-ORDER OWNERS TO GET FULL REFUND OR EXCHANGE TO ANOTHER SAMSUNG DEVICE

With the recent reported cases involving the Samsung Galaxy Note7, Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd urges all pre-order owners of Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power off their devices immediately. Pursuant thereto, the option of refund or exchange to the Samsung Galaxy S7edge will be made available for the pre-order owners provided that they return their current Samsung Galaxy Note7 accordingly.

The preorder owners will expect to be contacted from 13th October 2016 onwards by Samsung Customer Service, related mobile network operators or participating retail partners respectively on the details of the refund or exchange program.

For further inquiries, kindly contact Samsung Malaysia Careline at 1-800-88-7799. We apologise for any inconveniences caused.”

Source: Lowyat.NET

Official Samsung Malaysia’s Latest Update on Galaxy Note7: Samsung Galaxy Note7 Pre-Order Owners to get full refund or exchange to another Samsung device

12 October 2016 - With the recent reported cases involving the Samsung Galaxy Note7, Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. urges all pre-order owners of Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power off their devices immediately. Pursuant thereto, the option of refund or exchange to the Samsung Galaxy S7edge will be made available for the pre-order owners provided that they return their current Samsung Galaxy Note7 accordingly.

The pre-order owners will expect to be contacted from 13th October 2016 onwards by Samsung Customer Service, related mobile network operators or participating retail partners respectively on the details of the refund or exchange program.

For further inquiries, kindly contact Samsung Malaysia Careline at 1-800-88-7799. We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Customer Guidance for Galaxy Note7 in Malaysia

We are urging our customers with a Galaxy Note7, either the original device or the new replacement device, to follow this guidance and bring back their Galaxy Note7 for refund or exchange as follows:

Return Location : Place of purchase / pre-order collection (Applicable for Samsung Experience Stores, Courts, Senheng and Lazada only)

Return Date : 17th October 2016 onwards

Note: Network operators (Celcom, Digi, Maxis, U Mobile, Yes) will be contacting respective pre-order owners on the details of the refund or exchange program from 17th October 2016 onwards.

Exchange Process (to Galaxy S7 edge):

1. Customers are to return their Galaxy Note7 with the box.

2. Customers will receive a brand new Galaxy S7 edge with a cashback of RM300.

3. The cashback process must be accompanied with a copy of IC and copy of bank statement.

4. Cashback of RM300 will be done via bank transfer.

5. Any original Samsung accessories for Galaxy Note7 purchased from Samsung Experience Store and Participating Retail Partners can be returned for a refund at place of purchase with proof of purchase.

Note: This offer is not valid for any other promotions of Galaxy S7 edge.

Refund Process:

1. Customers are to return their Galaxy Note7 with the box.

2. The refund process must be accompanied with a copy of IC and copy of bank statement of the customer’s.

3. Refund will be done via bank transfer for a total of RM2,879.10 (pre-order price).

4. Any original Samsung accessories for Galaxy Note7 purchased from Samsung Experience Store and Participating Retail Partners can be returned for a refund at place of purchase with proof of purchase.

Note: Purchases made during pre-order came with a Samsung wireless charger and battery pack. As these are complimentary gifts, customers are not required to return them.

For additional questions, you can also call Samsung Customer Careline at 1800 88 7799.