McDonald's: we don’t charge for humanity - Best heart-moving McD ad that isn't actually an ad

Best heart-moving McDonald’s Malaysia ad that isn’t an ad

Jaya Shang: "So this uncle is quite well-known person for some at Aeon, Taman Universiti because he’s super friendly and kind towards others. Usually, my sister will visit him whenever she’s free. I’ve seen some other good-hearted people visit him as well.

When she’s not around or busy and if I go to Aeon and see him, I’ll talk to him and will buy him lunch or breakfast at Arena, like what my sister usually does.

21st January 2017, however, was an unforgettable day for me, because, for the first time, my hope for humanity rekindled once again.

It was in the morning, I went to Aeon at approximately 10.30am. I saw the uncle sitting in front of McDonald’s. So I approached him and asked, ‘Hi Uncle! What would you like to have today?’ He asked for a Fillet-o-Fish from McDonald’s.

I, then, went over to the counter and placed the order. While I was ordering the meal, the uncle headed towards the dining area. I turned around to ask him what beverage he wanted, he told me that he would like a cup of Hot Milo. At this point, the cashier noticed what was happening and stopped keying-in the orders that I’ve made. He proceeded to ask me, 'Anything else for you sir?; To which I replied, ‘Nothing else brother, thank you.’

After that, he went into the kitchen and brought back his Manager. The manager came out and saw the uncle and nodded her head towards that cashier. At this point, I still have no idea what was going on.

Then, when the meal was ready, the cashier, instead of handing me the tray, went straight to that uncle and served him the food. I was confused at that point, but I still asked the cashier how much the meal cost.

And then it happened, the most unforgettable moment in my life.

The cashier said to me, ‘We don’t charge for humanity, Sir.’

I was rendered speechless. I remained silent for a while before I uttered the words: ‘Thank you so much.’

Isn’t that nice to know that, in this generation where everyone is chasing materialistic goals dreams, and being busy with their restless-career, humanity still exists, through the good-hearted people out there <3

I’ve read many articles and news about wonderful acts from McDonald’s in oversea countries but this was the first time I experienced it first-hand.

Thank you again, McDonald’s, and the kind-hearted manager and cashier.

May God bless all."