Sunway Velocity Mall has a terrible carpark design / parking problem - expect to spend 1 hour just to exit the car park

Danny Kok: Usually I don’t go to new mall but since my friends are interested to visit so I just follow. Below are some point I would like to highlight:

1. The carpark is very confusing and signage is not clear at all. We are turning a few round in the carpark and spend about 30 min only can find our way to go to B2 and B3 parking lot.

2. There is no connection inside the mall once we get in the car park and while we are shopping in the mall.

3. The traffic management is very bad. We get stuck in the carpark for more than 1 hours and still get stuck in B3, those guards are just starring helplessly.

4. most of the toilets are closed for maintenance. I wonder are they get bombed by someone?

5. The carpark is dusty, the mall is dirty, the toilet is awful.

Dear management, you are now having two options, to be Sunway pyramid or Sunway Giza. Bless you.

Chrystine Tay: Totally disappointed. Poor signage & confusing allocation of carpark. Not forgetting the 10" thick dust & choking air in the carpark… which causes choking hazard for children, elders as well as adults. The dusts even covered the carpark lots line… could barely see those lines… Only 1 exit out (took more than 30mins). Totally no telco lines inside the mall! No wifi no telco = no way of communicating with others inside the mall esp. when lost amidst the crowd. So frustrated when i want to contact my family members! � shops are not equipped with wifi too. There are no directory board on each floor. Even if there is… only 1 for the entire floor? Which is way insufficient & inconvenience to go find it. Couldn’t find any at lvl 4. There’s still renovations in unopened shops during daytime? Aren’t shops inside malls NOT allowed to hv any renovations during opening hours? As it causes hazard to shoppers? Dirty & wet toilets… didnt notice any cleaners around with cleaning despite the mess & crowd. No signage for squatting & sitting toilet cubicles

Danny de Lopez: Had a really bad experience today. Waited for hours for my food as every single restaurant is packed because the shop lots are still not fully occupied and there were too many people during the weekend. The worst thing that happened is that many people were stuck in the parking bay for god knows how many hours but the security guards did nothing to direct the traffic. Many people got frustrated, got off their cars and went back into the shopping mall. Truly disappointed in the management

Hazel Wong: The parking is seriously sucks. It was so confusing and not convenient at all. Worst thing is no network inside the mall. Do you know how crowded is your mall especially during this peak period as xmas and CNY is coming soon? It was so hard to find our friends or family inside the mall. Have to purposely walk to the concierge and ask them to “announce” the name of the person who we are finding. Should not open the mall yet if things are not ready. And I’ve a temporary walking disability and couldn’t take the escalator. I have to wait for THE ONLY ONE lift in order to go up one floor. You haven’t done all the necessary lift maintenance then please don’t open the mall. There were a lot of shoppers who were using scrollers, wheelchairs need to use the lift. And since no validation needed for the parking ticket, why the hell are you still blocking the parking entrance with a barrier? No point isn’t it?

Kent Tona: For the next 3 months i will not coming to this mall anymore. The mall is not ready to accept visitors yet as all systems very bad. Parking, shop experience…
one of the worst are the restaurants, long queue (and the shop staff very rude, food also rubbish. 1 hr can’t get parking(after park need walk super far).

Chong Haw Eong: What a mess. Parking is like an underground dungeon, dead corners everywhere, perfect spot for hide and seek. so little entrance to the mall from carpark, imagine i have to carry all things i bought in max value and walk like 10mins to carpark, confusing exit signboard, too few exit point for vehicles. no phone signal. Terrible mall design, seriously no next time thank you. You are Sunway, make it like a Sunway project.

Jeff Chai: Early morning went to the new mall Sunway Velocity. Park at B3, about 2.30pm want to exit the parking. Guess what, from B3 till exit of the mall, spent 2hours @@ Poor parking traffic management . Since u announce opening on 08Dec, everything should be in order including mobile line , totally no signal inside parking and some place inside the mall. You are named as Sunway, not any lousy shopping mall, so please keep Sunway standard.

Eddie Lim: The parking traffic management is horrible. getting stuck for more than 1 hour to get out is not fun! worst still there is no Internet line or telephone line…is kinda dirty too as trash can be found almost every corner of the mall

Sivapalan Shanmugam: 1st and last experience I’ll ever had at this mall… suprised as such a established mall operator will rush for an opening just to make fast buck… it took me nearly 1 and half hour to get out from the parking

Wai Teng: Parking exit is horrendous! 3 lanes merge into one while exiting at level B2! What kind of design is this?
Got to improve on the flow of parking entry and exit! Spend an hour just to exit!! Police bantuan blowing whistle here and there but cars not moving! All standstill around the mall! Why? Because lousy traffic management!!

Tracy Ting: Poor parking management! Spent 40minutes rounding at B1 before there is a guard guiding us to B1A. The way from Carpark to mall very unclear. Walked long way to reach the mall. The design of the mall is not shopper friendly too.

Siew ChewCheng: I don’t think it worth even a star. Bad coverage (certain areas has zero signals). Not enough signage in the mall. The best part? We stucked at the parking basement for more than 40 minutes cause of the traffic outside the mall.

People here are helpful but this mall just wasted my holiday. I asked of of the PIC from management, he told me he himself also have to stuck for an hour after his work.

You shouldn’t open for visitors when it is not ready. It’s not like there’s no other better place to go to. Super upset as the inefficiencies has really disrupted alot of our holiday plans.

Yee Mun: Had really bad experience in the car park, especially B3. Basically spent about 30 minutes to look for parking and we gave up. Decided to leave but was stuck in B3 for close to 2 hours!! There is only one exit in B3, correct me if I’m wrong. All the cars were stuck there and can’t find any other exit. Can you image how frustrating is it to spend your whole afternoon in the car park with all the petrol and time consumption?!

Jason Low: Worse of the worse! Stucked in the parking lot for more than 1hr during the exit. First half hour couldnt even move and stayed in the same spot, eventually the car have to taligate the car and get the hell out of it asap.

As for the attraction,NONE!! Basically, most of the shop lots here are easily found in other major malls like Sunway Pyramid.

For those who plan to visit, think twice! Especially for people who lives outside Cheras. Is not worthy every single penny and minute for you to come here. Period.

Xandra Lam Wei Shan: Very bad experience in Sunway Velocity Mall !!! I can’t imagine that I can spend one hour to find a parking & two hours to exit!! Some more jam until all the car can’t move at all!! Such a big shopping mall doesn’t provide a baby room or mother room very inconvenient for those family who have babies… Very disappointed & will not come to this mall in future.

Stephen Siew: Stuck in B3 parking for more than an hour before managed to move to B2. Total took 1.5 hrs to reach Peel Road. Lousy parking design and parking management. Won’t go there anymore unless I got extra time to waste. One male thing, no mobile line at all. Easily get lost and uncontactable. Not place for kids and old folks.

Ecy EiXian: Parking management sucks , jammed inside basement for more than ONE HOUR still didn’t manage to find a single parking , yet the guard is still ushering more cars in. Should have stationed more crew at every junction to control the traffic flow! Didn’t fully utilize the space , bad first impression !

should have expected the crowd on a public holiday if you overhyped marketing but your facilities are not ready yet! Sucks!

Leong Kh: Very very poor management, many car stuck in B3 not able to go out, i had wait more than 1hr and yet go to upper level, no people come to manage the traffic, end up we need to call uber to go home, really fxxxing suck management, will never come again!!!

Lee Ting Huan: Trapped in the car park for 1 and a half hours to get out after lunch. Finally gave up and parked my car again then walked over to Aeon Tmn Maluri. Will go back to get my car later tonight.

1. No direct access from car park to shopping mall.
  2. Not enough parking.
  3. No proper signage / confusing signage.
  4. Have to walk very far to the mall.
  5. Long queue when exiting the car park.
1 Like